The album “Rachmaninoff & Liszt Live” was inspired by great recordings of the first half of the 20th century, which were made with only one take and without any editing. The main idea of an album was to make a recording of well known piano pieces in a style of concert performance, to make an impression of a live studio recording. Recording session took place on the 31st of March 2016 in St. Catherine’s Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg, Russia (a former recording studio of a Soviet major record label). All pieces were performed and recorded in one take.
- Rachmaninoff: Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-Flat Minor, Op. 36 (1931) (Live)
- Liszt: Années de Pèlerinage: 1e Année: Suisse, S.160: VI. Vallée d’Oberman (Live)
- Liszt: 3 Hungarian Rhapsody No.12 in C-Sharp Minor, S.244 (Live)
- Rachmaninoff: 6 Moments Musicaux, Op. 16: No. 3 in B Minor (Live)
- Rachmaninoff: Prelude No. 5 in G Minor, Op. 23: Alla marcia (Live)